Hey, I don't really know what the problem is, but sometimes my computer just freezes up for no reason; I have no idea what the problem is because I run spyware scans regularly and virus scans as well. It used to happen with very little frequency, maybe once a week or so; it happened three times today -_- so I think it might be getting worse and worse. Can anybody help me? I'm sorry that it's vague, but I don't really know what's up with it. Should I just try reformatting?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey, I don't really know what the problem is, but sometimes my computer just freezes up for no reason; I have no idea what the problem is because I run spyware scans regularly and virus scans as well. It used to happen with very little frequency, maybe once a week or so; it happened three times today -_- so I think it might be getting worse and worse. Can anybody help me? I'm sorry that it's vague, but I don't really know what's up with it. Should I just try reformatting?

What you are discribing could be you processor fan getting dirtier and dirtier ,and causing you process to over heat and shutdown !! turn off computer open case and have look , if it looks clean leave the case off and run computer and see if it still freezes ,with the case open it won't get so hot .

What you are discribing could be you processor fan getting dirtier and dirtier ,and causing you process to over heat and shutdown !! turn off computer open case and have look , if it looks clean leave the case off and run computer and see if it still freezes ,with the case open it won't get so hot .

Good suggestion! Try that first :)

Could be almost anything, from software to hardware.
You could start like this:

1. Run your PC in safe mode and see if you still have the lockups.

->If you do, check your power supply unit.

-> If you don't, it's probably a hardware driver that's causing the problem.

Michael

almost seems like were in compatition to give an answere !lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.