Is there any way to convert Windows 7 Beta when it comes out to the full copy If you have everything running perfect. After you buy a number will it convert it or do you have a to take a good running OS and reformat it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The Beta will autodestruct on a certain date. i.e. stop working. On present M$ plans, you have to set everything up again.

I wouldn't bother with the beta for that reason.

Do you still use the beta version...

Do you still use the beta version...

Of course not. I just thought Microsoft would have come up with a way that if you $BUY IT$ you should be able to turn the Beta into a full version. I guess their programmers are not so up to speed. :)

The Beta will autodestruct on a certain date. i.e. stop working. On present M$ plans, you have to set everything up again.

I wouldn't bother with the beta for that reason.

I thought so. I reformatted months ago when the final beta came out. It is a shame that if you buy it you have to pay full price and they want you to beta test it. Then so now that you are more experienced and have your system all setup they tell you that on June 26, 2010 it is back to square one and FORMAT C\. They are very discouraging.
So I put VISTA back on and have never had a problem on my HP Pavillion laptop so I am not upgrade. And why should I ? They did nothing for me and I tested it for free for them.

That's exactly the point of Beta software - it's supposed to be for TESTING purposes to be used by people who want to help in cleaning out bugs. It's not supposed to be used in a production environment. If you do use it in a production environment, you should be prepared for the ramifications once the beta expires. No one is going to give you a copy of the OS for free. Besides, beta software has a lot of unneeded files which would slow your system in comparison to the final release.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.