I was playing warcraft3 then suddenly my wc3 alt tab and this dl came up saying something about windows and i thought it was like a virus pop-up so i pressed cancel and then when i pressed cancel my computer restarted on its own. Then when windows started up it says Windows file protection and i pressed cancel and it pop-up again and every time i press cancel it just pop-up again and i clicked retry and it says: The CD you provided is the wrong cd. Please insert the Windows XP Professional CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Does anyone know how to fix it? cause i dont have a cd for it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Have you an anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware?

What does this message say?
Does this message come up before or after you login?

Have you an anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware?

What does this message say?
Does this message come up before or after you login?

This is what the message "Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your Windows XP Professional CD-ROM now." And it pop-ups when after i log in.

Does this message pop up on any other user accounts or in safe mode?

I just use one user account and its m brothers i havent tried safe mode yet because i think the same thing will happen and i wouldnt know what to do.

Well give safe mode a try. If the message come up just do what you did on normal start-up.

When this pop-up comes up can you close the box using the cross?

Are you able to click on the start bar and start any programs?

If this is a legitamate problem and not a virus then you will need the repair CD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.