I have been supporting a doctor with his old Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. He installed, unfortunately the new "TweeterDeck ", I need to check the spelling, any way, shortly after doing so he got two unidentified Trojans, Mcafee Stinger used to clean them off. No name given in the log, just that they were both cleaned-deleted off. Well it seems that the payload was taking control and or changing access rights to explorer.exe and blocks the removal or reinstallation or replacement of the Mcafee Security Center suite. I have just spent 10 hours over the last two months, because he working on books. I need to do all my work on the system during his office hours, and so my resources are limited. The Task manager to start explorer.exe used to work and then I would clean up the registry entries, but after these two Trojan(s); I get an Access Denied or file not found, even though I can see the explorer.exe in the C:\windows dir.

URGENT ... Help with this sticky one would be very much appriciated.

Throw Mbam at it.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.