barg27 0 Newbie Poster

I have an Acer Travelmate C300 tablet PC that is about 5 years old. I've had a couple different batteries for it and in December of last year, the A/C adapter on it went bad. I believe it would go off and on with the power supply. So, as hard as I tried to buy an original A/C adapter, the only choice I could find was a "compatible" one.

Around February, I noticed right-clicks occurring on the screen when I had the unit plugged in and the battery was charging. From research, it indicated that there could be an electromagnetic issue that's tricking the screen into thinking I'm right-clicking with the pen. Eventually, when the battery is nearly a full charge, this behavior stops.

The other oddity is that the battery keeps a pretty good charge lasting a couple hours. However, it's very slow to recharge. In fact, the battery indicator often shows the battery meter animating for a little while, and then it shows a low battery for quite a while, making me believe it's not properly and constantly recharging the battery.

I've tried replacing the replacement A/C adapter and both adapters behave the same way.

So, the problem is likely with:

1) the battery... perhaps it's emitting the extra charges causing the screen to act up (though I'm pretty sure I've had it "right-clicking" when I had the battery out)

2) The A/C adapter which seems the most likely, but it's happened with two separate replacement adapters.

3) Perhaps the old Tablet's motherboard has been damaged at some point in the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what I might do?