I am using a hp nx9105 laptop but when i try to use this key @ i just get this appear " I have to use shift plus the number 2 key to get @. Anyone know why this is happening. The keyboard is set to English. It was English/USA but i changed it thinking it would solve my problem but it did not. I never spilled anything on the keyboard.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

See the attached link (loads a PDF). If you follow the instructions but substituting UK English and going down to the Keyboard subsection and completing your settings there, maybe you'll restore everythin and have a quick recovery methid if it happens again.

I've had this before and I do know stuff! But An HP laptop set up with Windows originally with a French Keyboard, swapped keyboard to English I could NEVER get the UK setup to this day.

I hope you're not in this pickle.

Cant find the link you suggested

Cant find the link you suggested

That's because on this occasion I was a tosser who knows stuff. Here's the PDF attached.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.