Hello,

I must have caught this while trying to download software to repair one of my XD media cards and recover pictures in it.

I have Windows XP and have had AVG for years (is 8.5 the latest?) and although it detects it, it says that the files infected are 'system files' and cannot / should not be deleted. (mstsc.exe and logman.exe – I ended up deleting these two this morning.)

I bought StopZilla this morning and still have the same problems: 1) all my web searches are routed to "www.thefeedonline.com” and www.tazinga.com, 2) I get several “Data Execution Prevention” dialog boxes indicating that ‘to protect your computer, Windows has closed this program’.

While looking for ‘strange files’ I realized I had a new folder, “C:\32788R22FWJFW”, while ‘googling it’ I came across a series of threads and that’s how I found you.

I’ve also seen how I am not supposed to run ComboFix unless instructed to do so by an expert.

Any help sent this way will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.