Member Avatar for Stu.McD

Hi. I pre-ordered Windows 7 Professional a few months ago and am looking forward to its release on October 22nd. The only thing that's annoying about it is that it will require a clean install and I cannot locate any of the drivers that I will require. I have checked my laptop company's website (Fujitsu Siemens) and they do not currently have any Windows 7 drivers for my laptop model (Amilo Xi 2428). I was wondering if anyone could help me locate the drivers? I would like to get it done before Windows 7 is released as I'd like to install the operating system as soon as it arrives.

p.s. l got this list by running the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Beta and it tells me that they are all compatible with Windows 7.

---

Silicon Image SiI 3531 SATA Controller
Silicon Image

Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek

Motorola SM56 Speakerphone Modem
Motorola Inc

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
NVIDIA

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Realtek

OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
IEEE 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Vendor

Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A
Intel

Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850
Intel

Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Intel

CSR Bluetooth Radio
CSR plc

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I already have Window 7 Pro and that automatically located all my drivers. My lappy is a HP one and they say they aren't releasing any drivers until window 7 is released.

I suspect that your laptop will get drivers after Windows 7 is released. I think Windows 7 will automatically get most if not all your drivers for you.

Ahh, okay. Thanks very much. :)

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate RC x86 & x64 and the only driver I needed was Silicon Image SATA/Raid Controller (add-in card) which I had to install during installation in order for Windows to recognize my drives, you won't have that problem with your onboard SATA.
All the other drivers you had mentioned Windows 7 has them.
You can always update to the manufacturer drivers once you're up and running.

Really appreciate the help, thanks. Phoned up Fujitsu Siemens sometime last week and the guy on the phone told me that as the drivers weren't on their website they didn't exist so I had to go to each individual companys website and download the drivers. You guys have saved me a lot of time and I'm grateful. : )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.