and would be very grateful if anyone had any ideas to help me resolve my Microsoft Money 2002 issue. When I try to install Microsoft Money Business Edition 2005, I am prompted to uninstall Microsoft Money 2002. When I go to uninstall MM2002 through the "Install/Uninstall" program, a windows installer window pops up stating, "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". The it states, "Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'MONEY.MSI' in the box below, where it already says, "\\qa-6\WhistlerOPK\apps\Money2002\". I did a search for this file, and it it no where on my computer. When I click on OK from the same "Windows Installer" window mentioned above, another windows installer window pops up stating, "The path "\\qa-6\WhistlerOPK\apps\Money2002\" can not be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package "MONEY.MSI" in a folder from which you can install the product Microsoft Money 2002. My question is, how or where can I find the file "MONEY.MSI", and where did it go to begin with. Also, is this file available for free download anywhere on the internet. I have looked with no luck. Thanks for reading, and any expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Money.msi is the Windows Installer component for MS Money. Unfortunately, it is not (as far as I know) available as a separate download, as it part of the Money installation package and normally exists in the same location as the rest of the original Money installation files. In your case, that location appears to be a remote/network system to which you are no longer connected.

- If you have the original Money 2002 installation CD, you can insert the CD and tell the uninstaller to look for it there.

- Alternately, you can use the utility described in the link below to remove the references to the 2002 version of Money from your system's Registry. Note that this will not remove the actual Money 2002 files and folders, but it will make the new version of Money unaware of the fact that you had a previous version installed. That should at least allow you to proceed with the installation of the new version:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.