I would like to bridge my two Network cards so that I can share my wireless internet connection. I have 1 Wirless Lan card and one 10/100 Bit Lan card. The problem I have is when I go to the properties of the 2 Nic cards and Uncheck Internet connection sharing and then I go to bridge the 2 cards it still says that internet connect is enabling and so I cannot bridge the 2 connections. I dont know what else I can do to disable internet connection sharing, as far as I am aware the only place to disable it is where I have looked in the properties of the 2 cards. I am running Windows XP Pro. Can anybody help? Thanks, Chris

I would like to bridge my two Network cards so that I can share my wireless internet connection.... when I go to the properties of the 2 Nic cards and Uncheck Internet connection sharing and then I go to bridge the 2 cards it still says that internet connect is enabling and so I cannot bridge the 2 connections. I dont know what else I can do to disable internet connection sharing...

Why are you trying to disable ICS? Unless there's something about your description that I'm misunderstanding, ICS is exactly what you want.

Manually configuring a simple network bridge only allows computers on two separate physical network segments to all connect to the same logical network/subnet. It does not configure the bridging computer to act as a router, which is what you would need to allow the computers on your home network to connect to another (physically and logically) separate network

When you run the Network/ICS wizard though, it does more that just create a bridge- it essentially configures the ICS computer as a router by acting as a DHCP and DNS server for the LAN-side machines, and enabling the Windows firewall on the Internet-facing NIC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.