downloaded Microsoft updates and my adrees bar is light grey, all my aol mail is also light gey and difficult to read.
on the google screen the address bar is light grey as well as the block GOOGLE SEARCH AND IM FEELING LUCKY. I am running :
Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Dell Inc. OptiPlex GX620
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Hyper-threaded (2 total)
I have two attachments to depicy the problem

Appreciate your help
Walt Flan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Not sure what you're referring to, but looking at your attachments blown up, it looks normal to me for XP's "Classic View".
To change it back to XP Defaults, right click "Start" and select "Properties" and un-check the "Classic View", apply and ok.
I think this is what you meant, correct me if I'm wrong.

Don

I guess that the images are not that accurate to let you see the problem. I did as you suggested and unchecked classic view. there was no change, the address bar is still a light color. In aol when i open an email the email font is a light grey and difficult to read , in google the address bar is a light grey and this is also true for firefox.
thank you for your help
walt

I just checked your attached images again.

The address bar shows white background with black fonts as does the Google search bar, the rest of the page shows normal background and font color.
The AOL mail image is the same, white w/blackfonts.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Don

where doed that leave us?????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.