Hi

i have a HP nx9105 laptop with MS XP Pro installed and all works fine but for the Drive bay, i have noticed that when i try to eject the CD via pushing the button on the side of the drive or clicking in my computer the Drive just wont open, now i know this has to be a software issue coz when i do the manually process of opening the drive it opens, is there a way to fix this issue or is it yet another flaw in Windows

thanks for your help

Studio

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are you running some kind of CD burning software, like Direct CD, or DLA? If so, uninstall and reinstall it.

Hi

i have a HP nx9105 laptop with MS XP Pro installed and all works fine but for the Drive bay, i have noticed that when i try to eject the CD via pushing the button on the side of the drive or clicking in my computer the Drive just wont open, now i know this has to be a software issue coz when i do the manually process of opening the drive it opens, is there a way to fix this issue or is it yet another flaw in Windows

thanks for your help

Studio

could be your drive mechanism is becoming sticky or is broken.
i dont think this is software related at all. sorry;)

when i try to eject the CD via pushing the button on the side of the drive...the Drive just wont open

now i know this has to be a software issue coz when i do the manually process of opening the drive it opens

Those two statements contradict each other- pushing the button on the drive is a maual process.

This is, as Alex has implied, most likely a conflict created by installed software. A CD burning program is probably telling Windows that the drive is in use. Uninstalling/reinstalling the software should correct the situation. If multiple burning programs are being used, or an incompatible program, you may need to discard some software.

This is, as Alex has implied, most likely a conflict created by installed software. A CD burning program is probably telling Windows that the drive is in use. Uninstalling/reinstalling the software should correct the situation. If multiple burning programs are being used, or an incompatible program, you may need to discard some software.

ok, studio. it is very possible that you have conflicting programs messing about and telling windows that your drive is in use.

on the other hand it could be exactly what i said before. i had this problem earlier on just after i restored my machine. i had NO programs that would utilise the cd drive on it and for some strange reason it would not open when i wanted to insert a cd. before you ask it wasnt a driver issue or anything like that, its just the drive is about 3 years old and has been used regularly.

when you say 'manually' i automatically assume you are pressing the eject button. occasionally you might need to make the mechanism work and insert a paperclip end into the little round hole just under the drive opening.

this isnt everlasting. before this drastic measure i would uninstall and reinstall all programs that might require use of the cd drive. be sure to uninstall through add/remove programs. reinstall programs 1 by 1 and try a cd each time until you discover the problematic time. when discovered just dont reinstall that program again. take it off and leave it off.

best of luck mate.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.