Ok guys. I've reformatted computers before with xp so i know how it works....... HOWEVER....... i'm trying to reformat my Dell Dimension XPS Gen4 with XP and I have a problem. Ok, so i'll boot the computer with the XP CD. When I select SETUP WINDOWS XP NOW by pressing enter, i get a message that says "NO HARD DRIVES HAVE BEEN FOUND ON YOUR COMPUTER..." Why am I getting this message...... and YES there are hard drives on the computer. I'm actually using the computer right now to write this!!! Anyone have an answer? Thanks! :D

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I forgot to state that the hard drive configuration is RAID 0. I guess my question is how do you format a computer that has a RAID 0 Hard Drive configuration.

You need to press F8 fairly early on in the install, when it asks you if you want to install third party raid or scsi devices. Then you just need to get the drivers on a disk and follow on screen instructions.

Hello,

Yep, you have a driver problem. When you boot your setup disk, fairly early on, it will ask you if you have any special driver disks to install. At that point, you would slide in the floppy disk that has the special drivers on them.

Christian

Ok thanks! :D I've reformated some of my other computers before without trouble..... this is my first time reformating this computer which has a raid 0 configuration. THANKS AGAIN!!!

You need to press F8 fairly early on in the install, when it asks you if you want to install third party raid or scsi devices. Then you just need to get the drivers on a disk and follow on screen instructions.

I think you meant F6? :D Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.