Hi I am new to this forum, and not at all knowledgable about PC stuff. I am at my wits end trying to get rid of this error message. It first happened when I installed Symantect Winfax Pro (which incidentally didn't seem to instrall properly). I have uninstalled it and restored the system but this message will still not go. Any ideas?

Thanks
Bella 69

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by badal

Hi Bella. Does this error message appear every time you use Word? What antivirus and firewall do you have installed?

Hi, thanks for replying. I have AVG antivirus Grisoft free version and a norton firewall. It happens each time I go into and exit word.
Bella

Close Word.

Use Windows' search function to locate and delete every instance of the file normal.dot
Restart Word and see if the problem is fixed.

Hi I am new to this forum, and not at all knowledgable about PC stuff. I am at my wits end trying to get rid of this error message. It first happened when I installed Symantect Winfax Pro (which incidentally didn't seem to instrall properly). I have uninstalled it and restored the system but this message will still not go. Any ideas?

Thanks
Bella 69

:idea:
Please follow the steps below:
1. Open word by click on Start > Run and winword /a
2. If word opens fine then there should be a corrupt template in startup folder
3. Try to open word in normal mode check the file name and path on the message for macros, it should be c:\program files\...\startup
Let me know which files you find in the startup folder

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.