I am getting an invalid syntax error whenever I go to any sites other than microsoft. I checked the security settings and tried to do SFC but I am not in the same site as the server and I don't have the CD in the drive. Any ideas for correcting this?

I am feeling stupid because I am the Network Admin for a large network. :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,

SP1 added a bunch of changes, and I think it may have added the Windows Firewall. I wonder if that is causing some problems for you.

Can you get to the logs? If so, is there a device or service that is writing errors to the logs that we can look at?

Christian

Hello,

SP1 added a bunch of changes, and I think it may have added the Windows Firewall. I wonder if that is causing some problems for you.

Can you get to the logs? If so, is there a device or service that is writing errors to the logs that we can look at?

Christian

The firewall is not turned on and there are no errors in the event viewer. The only error is in IE that says "Invalid syntax error" at the top with the standard "page cannot be displayed" in the window.

Hello,

I would install Firefox and see if the errors continue. You might have something eating away in IE, and/or a DNS problem. If Firefox refuses to work properly, I would say that you have a DNS or routing issue.

Christian

will do, and let you know.

firefox works fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.