I recently had a hitch hicker, and after downloading the Spyware Doctor, I thought that would be the end of that...alas, it wasn't. I have a backup disc using Drive Image software for my C drive, it was provided with this computer which was a gift from a friend, and it was suggested that it would be faster and easier to restore the C drive with the disc and re-install what ever wasn't saved to the backup disc. Well...after seventeen hours of re-installing and downloading, I still had a few problems. One of these was a message that would appear while going through the start-up, it read: Can not find the file CD SETUP. EXE or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.... and the ubiquitous "OK" box. Long story short, I went to the registry and deleted what looked like an empty file.. no more problem, no more message.
The second message occurs while shuting down, it reads: Scanning floppy disc drive before shutting down, and then disappears. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? do I need an exorcisim? Is this indicative of some other insidious problem? Any and all thoughts and advice will be gladly accepted. dcc

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

maybe you antivirus program is set to scan floppy on shutdown

maybe you antivirus program is set to scan floppy on shutdown

Yep! It was supposed to do it when starting up, I disabled that feature and it disappeared when shutting down. Now that I know what's going on, I'll re-enable the feature. I guess I'm suffering from residual paranoia.

Thanks caperjack...dcc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.