Up until about 3 weeks ago I was able to burn cds no problem with media player. Now when i try it says "analysing" then "an error occured". I've tried a different brand of discs, my drivers are up to date, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drive, I did a system restore for the earliest date available. nothing makes any difference. Funny thing is I can burn dvds with Convert X to Dvd no problem. Please help me, it's frustrating! thanks

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

"an error occured".

hi,it usually gives a hint as to what the error is ,like a number or some other info,please tell us what the error says ,thanks

It says "You've encountered error message C00D10DA while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue." I've tried all their suggestions, such as closing programmes, different discs, etc.... thanks

don't know what version you are using ,so did you try a media player update

also did you or do you have any other burning software installed

I installed one to try but I had the same problem so i deleted it pretty much straight away. I'm using Media Player 11 and I've automatic updates on so i assume Media Player would get updated automatically??

Might be issue with your Nero. Try to reinstall nero or any other burning software.

also some info i find in search mention Roxie software ,that was why i asked about other software ,you were suppose to give name ,not just say yeah i had one and deleted it

I've caused something like this. Trying to fix a couple of faults with my Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop. CDs aren't recognised but DVDs play fine. I think I might have changed registry settings after some online advice. Can anyone help.

If you had other burning software installed before, that might be the problem. There are certain steps you have to take in order for the old software to relinquish control back to the software you currently have.
It's also possible that one of the lasers in your drive burned out or was otherwise damaged, as CD/DVD combo drives have to separate lasers. In that case you need a new drive.

Member Avatar for rs_sis

If you had other burning software installed before, that might be the problem. There are certain steps you have to take in order for the old software to relinquish control back to the software you currently have.
It's also possible that one of the lasers in your drive burned out or was otherwise damaged, as CD/DVD combo drives have to separate lasers. In that case you need a new drive.

i fully agree with this.. in my case it was a hardware fault.
try to swap the CD/DVD combo into another laptop ?

Thanks stryker! Diagnostics say drive is ok but I suppose if you hear hooves think horses not Zebras. Its the software thing that bugs me tried a couple of things in regedit but think it may have added to my confusion. Is there an uncomplex way to sort out drivers

Thanks stryker! Diagnostics say drive is ok but I suppose if you hear hooves think horses not Zebras. Its the software thing that bugs me tried a couple of things in regedit but think it may have added to my confusion. Is there an uncomplex way to sort out drivers

Eh... once you have to start messing around in regedit and with drivers, "uncomplex" can't be used to describe any solution for someone without a lot of experience in messing with the "nitty gritty," so to speak, of computer systems. Have you gone to the manufacturer's website to try and download the latest driver? Once you install a driver, Windows will usually use the last one you installed and/or overwrite the old one. Did you try using Google to see if there were any additional steps you had to take in order to actually completely remove your old burning software and relinquish control of the recorder back to your system? At this point my recommendation would be to swap the drive and see if another one works so you can possibly eliminate/determine a hardware issue, but if you can't do that the easiest thing for you might be to wipe the hard disk and start over. I know when I was young and inexperienced with computers and this same thing happened to me, that's what I finally had to resort to.
Hopefully you can find a solution without needing to do that though!

Found out today my brother has an 6000 with a broken screen. The only problem with trying a drive swap is finding the thing in my nephews room.

sorry jumped in too early please ignore this post

Igave up on burning software,cleared out the whole lot updated to Win 7 then download for a small sum somesoftwate ,from a hair cleaning firm! and have had no trouble at all since after many trials and tribulations in the past.

However I also agree it could be a drive problem.
LOL
M

Igave up on burning software,cleared out the whole lot updated to Win 7 then download for a small sum somesoftwate ,from a hair cleaning firm! and have had no trouble at all since after many trials and tribulations in the past.

However I also agree it could be a drive problem.
LOL
M

"from a hair cleaning firm"?

please explain???

ashampoo 10$ google 'ashampoo' if you want, its a bit flashy but works well!
M

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.