Am trying to download and install driver of HP Scanjet 5590p for both Vista 32 bit and XP pro. The driver downloads list two options for each computer: XP pro and XPx64, Vista and Vista 64. Which driver do I use.

Am using AVG free antivirus which I need to disable in order to install the drivers. How do I disable AVG antivirus, could not find any way to disable it, can someone help??

Thanks for your help.

Raya

Am trying to download and install driver of HP Scanjet 5590p for both Vista 32 bit and XP pro. The driver downloads list two options for each computer: XP pro and XPx64, Vista and Vista 64. Which driver do I use.

For the XP 32 machine you download the XP version without 64 in the name and the same for the vista, just the Vista program.

I am using AVG free antivirus which I need to disable in order to install the drivers. How do I disable AVG antivirus, could not find any way to disable it, can someone help??
Thanks for your help.
Raya

Go Start, run, "type" msconfig, OK, services tab, then disable all (there are several) reference to AVG, exit. (Do not go online!!)
When you have finished installing the drivers, go back and click, enable all.

PS. Have a look at Microsoft Security Essentials, it is free and I think, better than AVG.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.