My girlfriends computer will not boot up. Here's what it does:
Upon starting the computer it will go to the Network Log In Screen where you input your user name and password and then the screen is just blank w/ only the background, you see the task bar for a quick moment and then it's gone, upon pressing ctrl, alt, delete the task manager comes up with NOTHING in it - I tried to restart and go into BIOS to start in safe mode, but it will not let me do that either. I am pretty computer savvy, but am having troubles coming up with a solution for this! PLEASE HELP!

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

My girlfriends computer will not boot up. Here's what it does:
Upon starting the computer it will go to the Network Log In Screen where you input your user name and password and then the screen is just blank w/ only the background, you see the task bar for a quick moment and then it's gone, upon pressing ctrl, alt, delete the task manager comes up with NOTHING in it - I tried to restart and go into BIOS to start in safe mode, but it will not let me do that either. I am pretty computer savvy, but am having etroubles coming up with a solution for this! PLEASE HELP!

Are you able to get into Bios at all? Are you pushing the right key to get in there? Try pushing del .
What led up to these events? New hardware install or software?

peace

Did you try hitting F5 or F8 before the flash screen finishes, doesn't sound like a BIOS problem if you are getting stuck at the Windows login menu. To get to the BIOS you should either have to hit DEL, F1, or F2.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.