My girlfriends computer will not boot up. Here's what it does:
Upon starting the computer it will go to the Network Log In Screen where you input your user name and password and then the screen is just blank w/ only the background, you see the task bar for a quick moment and then it's gone, upon pressing ctrl, alt, delete the task manager comes up with NOTHING in it - I tried to restart and go into BIOS to start in safe mode, but it will not let me do that either. I am pretty computer savvy, but am having troubles coming up with a solution for this! PLEASE HELP!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My girlfriends computer will not boot up. Here's what it does:
Upon starting the computer it will go to the Network Log In Screen where you input your user name and password and then the screen is just blank w/ only the background, you see the task bar for a quick moment and then it's gone, upon pressing ctrl, alt, delete the task manager comes up with NOTHING in it - I tried to restart and go into BIOS to start in safe mode, but it will not let me do that either. I am pretty computer savvy, but am having etroubles coming up with a solution for this! PLEASE HELP!

Are you able to get into Bios at all? Are you pushing the right key to get in there? Try pushing del .
What led up to these events? New hardware install or software?

peace

Did you try hitting F5 or F8 before the flash screen finishes, doesn't sound like a BIOS problem if you are getting stuck at the Windows login menu. To get to the BIOS you should either have to hit DEL, F1, or F2.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.