Hello,

I bought my Medion PC about a year ago and it came with Vista preinstalled. Yesterday when i turned it on i was shown the above error message on a black background, with three options - 1. Access your computer with reduced functionality 2. Enter different product key 3. Contact Medion AG to help resolve this problem.
These are my only options, i have no access to deskstop, or start key etc. I have reentered my product key numerous times and also reentered a new product key given to me by microsoft customer support on the telephone but neither was accepted and i received the following error message with both product keys: Code 0xc004f050 . The people on the microsoft customer support number could not help me any more and refered me to Medion, who referred me back to microsoft!

I have not performed any updates to Vista or uninstalled any drivers etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have an important deadline looming,

thanks very much,

Graham

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

I bought my Medion PC about a year ago and it came with Vista preinstalled. Yesterday when i turned it on i was shown the above error message on a black background, with three options - 1. Access your computer with reduced functionality 2. Enter different product key 3. Contact Medion AG to help resolve this problem.
These are my only options, i have no access to deskstop, or start key etc. I have reentered my product key numerous times and also reentered a new product key given to me by microsoft customer support on the telephone but neither was accepted and i received the following error message with both product keys: Code 0xc004f050 . The people on the microsoft customer support number could not help me any more and refered me to Medion, who referred me back to microsoft!

I have not performed any updates to Vista or uninstalled any drivers etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have an important deadline looming,

thanks very much,

Graham

Go here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938450 pay attention to which dash form you use good luck. let us know what results are.

it's obviously the Medion people who has to help you out. they might have given you a license key which was already sold to some others or they might have printed it in a wrong way. call them again and tell them that you are going to sue them if the problem is not resolved immediately. But make sure you have the purchase bills before calling them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.