it seems that pretty much every time i load up a game i get error messages regarding by graphics card, windows believes that the graphic card.... caused the fault. Ok fair enough i could do with an upgrade, so i bought a new graphics card.

this solved the problem for about 2 weeks then the windows reported faults with the graphics card again and keeps shutting off the PC. I have noticed that on the scan disk windows reports the truncating of files, what exactly does this mean? because each time I do a scandisk windows truncates more and more files (usually the device drivers for the graphics card).

I think that maybe my harddrive is about to pack but i thought I would check with you guys on this one.
p.s. sorry about the punctuation

Run a thourogh scandisk and defrag. check the logs to see what is recorded after it boots.

If you are doing some very graphical work or in a 3d environment for extended periods, you may need more cooling power for your video card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.