Universal Serial Bus Controllers -
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers -
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Controller
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller -24CD

. I am having a hard time trying to find the latest drivers of these

components on the intel site.

INTEL REPRESENTATIVE SAYS THAT NO SUCH UPDATES EXSIST , OR THEY DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH UPDATES.

Please help.

Truly,

Prakhar

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

If your technician was worth his pay he'd have installed necessary driver updates for you! What he's said is misleading. If those particular drivers need updating you need to get the updated versions from the system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer.

Let us know what make/model your computer is please, or what make/model the motherboard is.

Hello!

Basically my technician found that list of drivers from the site - http://www.drivershq.com/ which searches for drivers on one's computer and informs which drivers are outdated. The site offers a free scan and thats how he came to know.

My PC is Intel Pentium 4 processor , 2.67 Ghz , 512 MB RAM. What else should i specify?

Does your computer have a manufacturer name and a model type printed on it please?

If not, could you download and run CPU-Z and/or Everest Home Edition and let us know what thise utilities report the motherboard make and model to be. (I'm not really happy with the idea of a technician who uses an online scan to find drivers. I like to be SURE that the drivers going onto a PC are the correct ones!)

Thank You!!

I ran CPU-Z and the results came as follows as in the attached file.
Thanking You for your support

Hello!

My computer technician has asked me to update the drivers of the

following components -

Universal Serial Bus Controllers -
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers -
Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Controller
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller -24CD

. I am having a hard time trying to find the latest drivers of these

components on the intel site.

INTEL REPRESENTATIVE SAYS THAT NO SUCH UPDATES EXSIST , OR THEY DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH UPDATES.

Please help.

Truly,

Prakhar

Hi,
Where do you live, england, america.

if you live in england you can ring:
0870 901 3000
and these people will help you out.

thanks

xp_helper

Thanks A Lot Carweazle !!!!

I realize this is an old thread, but I came across it doing a Google search for some similar drivers. I'm trying to understand the best way to locate the most current drivers. (trying to learn to help myself)

I recently ran a utility "DriverAgent" that identified a couple outdated drivers on my PC. Is there a better way (or a consolidated website) to locate drivers? I've done Google searches, but I'm never sure if I'm getting the most current drivers. Or am I better going specifically to the manufacurers site and searching from there?

Thanks, MPTech

btw, first post in this forum, I'm just going to poke around a bit. Cool site. :mrgreen:

Umm, registering slowed my thought process. Yet here is what I found:

Driver errors per Driver Detective:
Intel 82801DB Ultra ATA Controller
Intel PRO100 VE Network Connection
SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
Intel 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244EIntel 82801DBDBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD
While the Intel 82801DB LPC Interface Controller - 24CD is current.

System was originally an Omni Tech construction.
System board Intel D845GERG2,
CPU P4 2.4 GHz Socket 478
Memory 1.5 GB PC3200 recognized as DDR333.

I had installed ATI Rage Pro (all-in-wonder?) in it for my brother. Card came without any software or manuals. AMD/ATI offered no support for it, beings the card is from 1998.

PC was restored/remanufactured in August, with all BIOS, drivers and whatnot that Intel provided at:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=888&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

Yet three of the "free driver checkers," each listed numerous errors, as listed above. Each claiming the installed drivers were out of date, and for the low low cost of 29.95 they could resolve that problem. Yet Intel seems to indicate those are the most current, as identified by their little CD looking symbols.

I was actually looking for software for the ancient hardware/ati rage pro, when I discovered this blog, and thought I would add a 'for what it is worth.' I do not know that those 'free' driver checkers are anything but a scam, they just seemed to be.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.