well im working on this for a customer and im kinda stumped. atfirst i just thought it was a loose cable so i removed the display. checked the cables and tightened everything down so it wasn't wobbling all over the place.. unfortunatly it still have lines across the bottom, the whole screen flickers and jumps. the entire upper half of the screen seems to be mirrored aside from the top quarter inch which from what i can tell looks fine.

so,..... any thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My guess would be a faulty video adapter, although I've seen weird things happen to video when the problem is actually RAM. If there are multiple RAM sticks try popping one out, cycle through them, then cycle through the slots. You could also try running some hardware diagnostics tools.

My guess would be a faulty video adapter, although I've seen weird things happen to video when the problem is actually RAM. If there are multiple RAM sticks try popping one out, cycle through them, then cycle through the slots. You could also try running some hardware diagnostics tools.

i forgot to mention the external display is fine on my external monitor. not sure if that makes a difference

If that is the case then the video adapter is probably good. Could just be that the LCD is going out. Also I've seen if a different cable is loose or not connected on a laptop they can do strange things.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.