I just purchased new computer with Windows 7 installed on it. I have to back up..but don't know what DVD to use DVD-RW or DVD+RW

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I just purchased new computer with Windows 7 installed on it. I have to back up..but don't know what DVD to use DVD-RW or DVD+RW

what do you have to back up on a new computer ,anyway, either will work ,and you don't need to use dvd-rw's as dvd -r or +r will work also .
just incase you don't know rw means that the dvd is rewritable ,meaning you can reuse them ,
dvd-r or +r are write once only .
are you just backing up files or creating a win7 system restore disk

I would like to back up the whole system, plus a restore disk..how do I do that and how many disks do you think I will need?

I would like to back up the whole system, plus a restore disk..

that the same thing ,
go to start /control panel/ click on ,back up and restore ,or if your control panel is set to category go to system settings and click on back up computer ,then create a system image ,this will be your restore disk ,not sure how many disk to use ,just buy a pack of disk

that the same thing ,
go to start /control panel/ click on ,back up and restore ,or if your control panel is set to category go to system settings and click on back up computer ,then create a system image ,this will be your restore disk ,not sure how many disk to use ,just buy a pack of disk

Thanks, you've been very helpful.

Thanks, you've been very helpful.

your quite welcome ,anytime ,but remember www.google.com is you friend along the way,when in a hurry ,just ask it anything you want to know

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.