Recently I got my computer reformatted, however yesterday my mouse began to act strange. It wouldn't click on things in firefox, or on the desktop at certain points. In order to be able to click anything, I have to minimize the window and restore it. I am not sure whether it's a virus or not, but I have run a Mbam scan and AVG 9.0 with recently updated databases. They came up empty.

After performing a system restore yesterday, it worked fine. However, today it is acting up again, after a reboot.

Any help?

If you've been using a wired mouse you might try another or new one. Regardless, wired or IR mice develop mechanical probs. internally that can not be remedied in any simple way. Wired mice develop frayed wires inside the cable typically within a few inches of the mouse body which gives intermittent contact until lost altogether.

If you've been using a wired mouse you might try another or new one. Regardless, wired or IR mice develop mechanical probs. internally that can not be remedied in any simple way. Wired mice develop frayed wires inside the cable typically within a few inches of the mouse body which gives intermittent contact until lost altogether.

It is a wired USB mouse, I think I'll try that, thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.