With the BIG red squares which are blocking some advertising on CERTAIN web pages?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

Not quite sure what you are asking....

With the BIG red squares which are blocking some advertising on CERTAIN web pages?

I did system restore, went back tto the pages they were fine for a small bit of time then the same thing happens?

Not quite sure what you are asking....

HOW to get rid of these RED SQUARES blocking advertising on web pages....

I am not sure if its java or active x or neither?

it could be a security feature or popup blocker of sorts ,what browser/browsers are you using .

thanks caperjack IE Explorer either 8 or the one earlier, I have also brought the pages up in firefox and this happened.

well my opinion is its security software blocking it could be you virus program,a firewall settion or a browser setting so you need to go into the properties/setting of all your security program

well my opinion is its security software blocking it could be you virus program,a firewall settion or a browser setting so you need to go into the properties/setting of all your security program

I have noticed if I restart the machine it will start up and there are no blocks upon reboot, then after surfing for a bit they come back? Any idea what to do from here?

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.