Hey all,

Unfortunatly its my first post, so that means I have a problem. I just built this new system. Details:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
CPU: 2.8 HT P4 800FSB
Hard Drive: Western Digital SATA 36GB Raptor 10K
Video: 9800 Pro
CD: LiteOn CD-RW/DVD+RW

Well ever since the windows install, which I have done twice, my system randomly restarts or locks up. Ive noticed that when I can play a game my computer for some reason acts normal, but in windows is when all these problems occur. I dont know if its a PS problem, IRQ, or software related. Im just out of ideas and really would like some help on the situation. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Ali

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Unfortunately I've seen this a lot with ATi video cards. Do a search in the Windows forum and you'll see what I mean. I would check to make sure that the RAM isn't bad and that you have the latest video card drivers installed.

Sorry, I don't know how to check RAM. I know there is a physical RAM checker that I've seen at computer shows. Not sure if there is any software - check download.com perhaps?

Ok, when your computer is on, hit control alt delete and check the tasks, see if theres anything non wanted in there. If not, do what Dani suggested and upgrade drivers and make sure there WHQL.

Hey guys,

Did the mem test, no luck nothing showed up. I am really puzzle.. Sometimes i get errors sometimes my computer just restarts or freezes. I dont know where to start because it could be anything. i check event log and i see

the parallel port driver service failed to start due to error 1058

my little idea is it has do to something with my usb. when my computer locks up my usb mouse and keyboards lights turn off. i dont know what to do with that but if anyone has any ideas please feel free to help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.