I have an OWC Mercury on-the-go 160GB hard drive that was used on a Mac and I have plugged it into my PC (running Windows 7). It does not appear under "My Computer" though I can find it in Disk Management labeled as Disk 1 and also under Devices and Printers. I can't figure out how to have it recognized as a drive letter so that I can use it as a Back-up device. When I right click on "Disk 1" under disk management, the choice for reassigning is grayed out. Was thinking of reformatting, but have no drive letter to do so in command prompt. Can someone please help?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi, to the best of my knowledge it will need to be formatted as it will not be NTFS file system on it ,in disk manager when you right click on do it give the option to format it

hi, to the best of my knowledge it will need to be formatted as it will not be NTFS file system on it ,in disk manager when you right click on do it give the option to format it

You're absolutely correct. I right clicked on the volume and deleted the current one. Then I right clicked to create a simple partition in NTFS format. Thank you!

You're absolutely correct. I right clicked on the volume and deleted the current one. Then I right clicked to create a simple partition in NTFS format. Thank you!

your welcome ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.