I have a network with dozens of XP clients controlled by a Windows 2008 domain controller. One client, and only one of them, takes 3-4 minutes to log in. This is only the case after a reboot. If I log off and log on as a new user without restarting it works fine. I have tried to login using different usernames after the reboot and it is the same effect for each one, so I do not think it is profile related. I have seen mention of DNS issues causing this problem, but I have followed all the advice along those lines and still the problem persists. I have even installed the Profile Hive Cleanup utility.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

HMM, does that machine work on the network?

Not .....
Only really in contact with users and network printers

so it's connected can you try and ping on that machine?

client enter the network, but the process of preparing the desktop delayed for a long time

Yes I understand.

Can you ping the server from the machine?

Please post the results

To ping do the following

Click on Start->Run
type 'cmd' without quotes
then type 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' without quotes
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the servers IP.

yes I can
I can ping any PC
apply computer settings
just problem
I whit

ok post results?

My problem lies in the apply computer settings , I try to log into my account, that Delays of more than 3 minutes and not in the communicative network to work, I upgraded the server from the net and then to 2003 to 2008.

For me to help you, I need you to help me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.