The W3C validator site is not working right for me. A few other sites (but not many) also say the file I sent is blank. Other sites are working with no troubles, and receive uploads normally.
- Two different computers are doing the same thing.
- Both computers have 1GB ram and Windows XP.
- It happens on every .htm file I try.
- The W3C validator behaves as though the files are empty. I am sure that they is not, because I just edited them. I can open them to verify the contents.
- The trouble happens most of the time, but sometimes the file gets through. One time, part of the file got through. The end was missing, and I got a plethora of validation errors.
- It happens on both IE and Firefox.
- I have a Cisco LinkSys 4-port wired router and AT&T DSL on a Seimens modem serving both computers.
- All of the shared functions between the two computers (printing, network drives, etc.) still work.
- Just before this happened, I got an error message that the password in the DSL modem didn't match the one expected. But I thought it was a phishing expedition, and shut down everything, instead of following the instructions. The message didn't look authentic.
I even turned off the power strip running the router and modem after shutting down the one computer that was on. When I started back up, everything else worked, including the DSL connection. I never got an error message for that again. But there had also been a power blip that could have caused this error.
- None of my malware detectors are finding anything wrong.
- This started right after Microsoft updated Windows on both computers.
- I contacted W3C, and they told me the files are received as being empty.
- The W3C checker is often very slow to load.
- The direct url check works on the same files. But it takes a lot of time to upload them to my website each time. My website has no good editor available.
- Firefox is taking a long time to upload the initial Google Search page I have set as my home location.
Edited by MidiMagic: n/a