This is the message I get when trying to access a website (most websites) --

Action Canceled+
The page cannot be displayed
Cannot find server or DNS Error

I tried the following commands and everything succeeded EXCEPT the final command (regsvr32 Shell32.dll)
I am positive I had the command typed correctly and even tried it several times with the same error message each time -- LoadLibrary("Shell32.dll") failed. GetLastError Returns 0x00000485
I even tried to uninstall IE6 but it wouldnt allow me to access the uninstall feature-- Tried to reinstall it-- still no fix-- Can someone please suggest a resolution to my problem-- thank you for your time and consideration--
bww

:cry:
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Msjava.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Browseui.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shell32.dll

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR

are you running a anti-spyware prog? if so you need to change the settings....its not letting the page open

I tried the following commands and everything succeeded EXCEPT the final command (regsvr32 Shell32.dll)

That final command only works on Win 2k and XP.

Check your system for "spyware" and viruses; they can break IE pretty badly. Read the threads in our Security forum for (much) more information on the whole mess.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.