Hi all,

I need some help with my IE. I have windows XP and when i click on my IE it takes me to some other search engine that i dont want. I tried going to options changing the homepage address but when i open IE a couple of times, the annoying search engine is set back as default.

I've tried checking the add/remove programs in WIndows to see if i've installed some other search engine tool bar but there is nothing.

How do i get rid of it? Any help will be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Youve goten some spyware

download adaware 6 and spybot search and destroy and run scans.

Hi all,

I need some help with my IE. I have windows XP and when i click on my IE it takes me to some other search engine that i dont want. I tried going to options changing the homepage address but when i open IE a couple of times, the annoying search engine is set back as default.

I've tried checking the add/remove programs in WIndows to see if i've installed some other search engine tool bar but there is nothing.

How do i get rid of it? Any help will be much appreciated.

Also, if you choose to download spybot S&D, use the option to lock your home page. There is also an option to download spywareblaster. Do it. It will prevent scumware from installing itself. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.