cannot play high bit rate mp3 files i.e. more than 96 kbps. Only 16kbps files can only be played. 96 kbps files are moving but not smoothly.
any solutions ???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What are your computer specifications? As too slow computers wont be able to play such bit rate files efficiently.

Computer specifications :
Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ
Windows Media Player 9

Everything was doing well. But suddenly I can only listen 16 or less than 16 kbps mp3 files smoothly and cannot listen more than 16 kbps files. The songs are moving but smoothly. Any solution ???

Computer specifications :
Pentium IV 2.4 GHZ
Windows Media Player 9

Everything was doing well. But suddenly I can only listen 16 or less than 16 kbps mp3 files smoothly and cannot listen more than 16 kbps files. The songs are moving but smoothly. Any solution ???

It'll be great if you can provide more details, ie amount of RAM, HDD type etc. Otherwise, I'm guessing that your audio codecs might have got corrupted. I'd suggest you un-install Media Player 9, restart and reinstall MP9.

Also, if you've got 256 MB RAM, why not upgrade to Windows XP? It has better drivers for all hardware and software. Also, some features of MP9 are only available on Windows XP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.