i have a cd-r disk with one movie file avi.and two norton ghost's 2003.and 2004.and alcohol 120%.when i put the cd-r into the cd rom it spins for about a minute or so and then it stops and does nothing.when i check in my d.drive nothing showes up its like there isnt a disk in the cd.eny help would be appreciated.......

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Try cleaning it off with soft cloth, or put glass whipe on it, rub it off gently, and put her back in.

i tryed but its still the same.enyother thoughts.thanks for the reply......

Your CD might be done bro, I don't know what to tell ya. You can go out and buy one of those CD/DVD cleaners, but you can't guartee they will work :(

Are other CD's working??
It is unlikely that a cd would crap out for no reasopn..
If it is not seeing any cd's then try to reinstall driver

every other cd is working fine

Have you ever used this CD before? Sometimes if it deosn't fully burn, the cd-drive doesn't read it. If it has worked before, then I'm not sure. Make sure the disk has a closed session.

hi.nlathia.yes i have used the cd three or four times..........

Is the cd inbad shape?
If the top (the protective layer) is not damaged. You can take it to be grinded down a little,usually a $5 repair or at least it was when I was running that machine(1997).

hi weather channel.the cd is in good shape thanks for the tip.i will look into it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.