What is the best most userfriendly firewall (free) that can bec onfigured for a network. right now i am using zonealarm...i dont like it

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

well not to user friendly but I would setup a small linux box and let it act as firewall.. they have anbunch of pre written firewall scripts that you could use.

well not to user friendly but I would setup a small linux box and let it act as firewall.. they have anbunch of pre written firewall scripts that you could use.

how about a hardware firewall that is built into a network device,say like a router.always better than a software firewall :mrgreen:

Well a linux machine running iptables is basically a hardware based firewall.

But if your looking for an appliance for this then I guess The LinkSys VPN router has a decent interface I don't rember the Model Number but its Wireless G router with VPN access..

Just hit linksys its right on there page there.

how about a hardware firewall that is built into a network device,say like a router.always better than a software firewall :mrgreen:

good point iam behing a a router cuz i get wirless internet. is that good enuf.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.