I was trying to avoid having to log on to anything when I start my computer and just go straight to the main screen. By mistake i changed the administrator to a limited account and now I can't change it. I tried to add a new user but it won't let me access anything. How can I change the administrator from limited back to computer administrator.
Thanks
Helen

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There must be another administrator account on the machine that you would need to use. A limited user can not grant himself admin rights.

Usually, the PC must have at least 1 admin account... I don't think windows would let you demote all accounts to limited user, so there must be another account on there...

Hello,

Try booting into windows in safe mode, there maybe a administrator account; this doesn't usually have a password.

Then you can assign administrative rights back to the your user account.

- Let us know how it goes.

Safe mode. There WILL be an ADMINISTRATOR account there - you cannot delete that one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.