I keep getting kicked off websites that start up in Java. I have Java installed in a NT unit. What do I look for as the problem. I have reinstalled explorer and Java both and at different times. Help me....except I can't blow up the unit...it belongs to the company.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Please clarify your problem a bit more.

When you say "start up in Java", are you talking about pages that have Java applets embedded in them?
What exactly do you mean by "kicked off websites"? Does your browser suddenly close? Does the browser give you an error? Does the page just refuse to load?
Are you using Microsoft's JRE or Sun's?

Please clarify your problem a bit more.

When you say "start up in Java", are you talking about pages that have Java applets embedded in them?
What exactly do you mean by "kicked off websites"? Does your browser suddenly close? Does the browser give you an error? Does the page just refuse to load?
Are you using Microsoft's JRE or Sun's?

Yes, when I open a web page that has a opening that seems to be a java applet my browser closes. No error code shows up either. My IT guy did some "work" on my computer about three months ago and ever since I had this trouble. So I went to MC to reload their Java and of course they don't support NT. So I went to SUN and downloaded their stuff and tried to get it up and running to no avail. I saw this forum and decided to as the question. Thanks for your inquirie.

Tom

I think you may need to start with a fresh JRE. The first thing that you need to do is go through "Add/Remove Programs" and remove all versions of Sun's JRE. Next, go to this page, search the page for "Microsoft Java Virtual Machine" (in order to find the right section of the page), follow the instructions on how to remove Microsoft's JRE, and then follow the instructions to install Sun's JRE.

Let me know if this addresses your issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.