I have a doubt that if I can install the windows XP along with Window Vista(which came pre installed in my lap) , without losing the Vista.(i.e. dual boot)
If yes ,How?
Please help guys!!!!!!!!
This is possible but you need to be very strong on Techincal Skills to proceed further with making a HDD dual OS where Vista is Already Installed follow below steps:
1) Take a Bootable Windows XP Cd and insert it in CD Rom drive .
2) select the version of XP you would like to install .(Server or Workstation)
3) click enter it will proceed with installation first it will detect system hardware devices and proceed with steps .
4) At one step you will see partitions .Always C drive will be the one wherein OS is already installed .
5) Leave C drive and select D or E drive through Up and Down arrows .
6) Once the drive is selected start and proceed with installation it will take not more than 45 minutes .It depends on Ram Size if it is 512 MB Ram then it will take 45 to 1 hour and if the Ram size is 1 GB then it will take around 30 minutes to complete installation.
Once the Installation is over now restart your system you can both Vista and Windows XP and your system will be Dual OS System.