I can not connect to IE; all I get is a pop up: "IE has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown".

Help! I need some advice.

Thanks,

- Ric

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Sounds like you need to repair IE :/ or swicth to another browser

I can not connect to IE; all I get is a pop up: "IE has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown".

Help! I need some advice.

Thanks,

- Ric

The problem is most likely a virus called "W32/mydoom" it causes a DoS against your browser, which can cause some problems, if you can just pick a copy of Mcafee Virus Scan (No I don't work for them), run it and it will clean those viruses right up. Hope I helped!

The problem is most likely a virus called "W32/mydoom" it causes a DoS against your browser, which can cause some problems, if you can just pick a copy of Mcafee Virus Scan (No I don't work for them), run it and it will clean those viruses right up. Hope I helped!

I ran Norton more than once; didn't help. I switched to Netscape with no problem but I'm still puzzled with my IE6 problem.

Thanks for your help.

have you tryed to download it again and or repair.. im sure if your using XP MSN Browser came with it.... and or your can download netscape/ mozilla/ anything other than IE...

i have the same problem with no luck and i have ran Spybot and AdAware, and still nothing.

i have the same problem with no luck and i have ran Spybot and AdAware, and still nothing.

See the malware article link in my signature, below, then come back with more information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.