Had to reinstall windows pro 2000 on a dell machine. Now I cannot adjust my screen resouluation in the display window. Before the problem, I had a choice of color schemes and view sizes. Now I have only 16 million and 800x600 VGA. What do I need to get or reinput to return to all the different video choices for the display. Display is a PR960F CTX unit. I could not find any disk with CTX on it. Any help would be great. TIA :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Had to reinstall windows pro 2000 on a dell machine. Now I cannot adjust my screen resouluation in the display window. Before the problem, I had a choice of color schemes and view sizes. Now I have only 16 million and 800x600 VGA. What do I need to get or reinput to return to all the different video choices for the display. Display is a PR960F CTX unit. I could not find any disk with CTX on it. Any help would be great. TIA :eek:

Windows Update, Should look for drivers. As i thik that is the problem.

-T

Yes .. you should install the display drivers provided by the vendor ... or if you dont have a disk .. download from the vendor site.

Dell has your driver available for any modern windows operating system,you just have to login to your account at their website to get to it.

Dell has your driver available for any modern windows operating system,you just have to login to your account at their website to get to it.

Yea but you should have recieved the driver disk with the computer...

-T

Yea but you should have recieved the driver disk with the computer...

-T

I've bought 2 Dells recently & they do not give you all the drivers, just some. Some may need to be redownloaded.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.