I tried to use winchat on a LAN but it shows that the other computer didn't respond while LAN is functional.
Any ideas?? :(

Recommended Answers

Sounds like it's not answering. Perhaps it's disconnected from your network (powered down, LAN disconnected physically, modem failure, etc.)

FYI - This covers using winchat.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308232

Jump to Post

It seems like the network DDE service is not running which is required by winchat. Enable it and then try again. To enable it .. right click My Computer -- Manage -- Services and Applications -- Services -- Find network DDE and turn it to automatic. By default it is …

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

It seems like the network DDE service is not running which is required by winchat. Enable it and then try again. To enable it .. right click My Computer -- Manage -- Services and Applications -- Services -- Find network DDE and turn it to automatic. By default it is set to manual.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have winchat started on both m/c DDE & DSDM are automatic and started, but no'ringing' shows up on called m/c and winchat says PC didn't answer. I have included an exception for winchat.exe in windows firewall

Maybe this file is missing or is infected by a virus, did you scan your computer against viruses?
keyfinder

Intuit windows 7 keyQuickBooks Pro 2010 Full Version forwindows 7 ultimate key PC (28287024175) — quickbooks pro 2010 is quickbooks pro 2011a genius idea.office 2010 key the only software program i need to efficientlywindows 7 activation key run my buisness. i am able in a click track quickbooks 2011 downloadmy accounts payablewindows 7 key and recievable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.