Hi,
I just registered to this forum. I bought a new laptop 10 days ago (Toshiba Tecra A4) and i use Windows XP Professional. Since the last three days, there has been a problem with my keyboard. Some keys dont type symbols or number as they should write. For instance, i press SHIFT + 2 but it typed apostrophe instead of @. It happened with other keys as well. Luckily i dont have any problem with all letter keys. I tried to uninstall keyboard device and reinstalled it again but it didnt seem to solve the problem. I also fully scanned my computer with NAV but no virus was detected. Then i tried to do online scan with NAV but the report said its clean.

Some people in other forum seem to have a similar problem and there is a debate over this problem whether this is a hardware problem or virus.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone can give me some suggestions

cheers,
zapata10

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,
I just registered to this forum. I bought a new laptop 10 days ago (Toshiba Tecra A4) and i use Windows XP Professional. Since the last three days, there has been a problem with my keyboard. Some keys dont type symbols or number as they should write. For instance, i press SHIFT + 2 but it typed apostrophe instead of @. It happened with other keys as well. Luckily i dont have any problem with all letter keys. I tried to uninstall keyboard device and reinstalled it again but it didnt seem to solve the problem. I also fully scanned my computer with NAV but no virus was detected. Then i tried to do online scan with NAV but the report said its clean.

Some people in other forum seem to have a similar problem and there is a debate over this problem whether this is a hardware problem or virus.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone can give me some suggestions

cheers,
zapata10

here i belive is a similar problem.

-T

Thank you very much...i dont know if it would be that easy...
cheers,
zapata

Thank you very much...i dont know if it would be that easy...
cheers,
zapata

I too had the problem with my keyboard. I used Mcafee Antispyware and it detected some thing like 'keyboard and mouse intercept' everything is fine now

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.