i'm urgent to get any help i can get. my photos were in a file listed by dates (altogether 15 days, that is to say, 15 subfiles there). they were in Drive c and i tried to 'move' this whole file to Drive D. i clicked 'move' and it began to work, but a little while later it popped up a small window saying i didn't have enough space there on Drive D. so i pressed 'stopped'. and i was wondering if all my file was still there. but i didn't check either drive c or drive d . i checked by looking at a simple viewer (to where the photos updates from a digital camera ) and they were all there. i then deleted some other files on drive D and pressed 'move' again. this time what was surprised me was that it took less time to do the 'move' thing. but when it completed and i looked into the file that had just been moved from drive c, there only remained half. that is, there are 7 files entitled by dates, and all the other 5 files are missing. i tried 'the search' on my pc and also i got a software that is said to restall deleted files from dustbin. but i couldn't find them. these photos are really important to me and i hope i can get help from you kind people. sigh. thanks a lot.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I suppose you just rewrote the folder which was already there when you copied it first. You can use any recovery software to recover the deleted files. First make sure you backup your remaining pics ...

AND have you got a "dustbin" in your pc ???? I've got a recycle bin in mine :D :D

I suppose you just rewrote the folder which was already there when you copied it first. You can use any recovery software to recover the deleted files. First make sure you backup your remaining pics ...

AND have you got a "dustbin" in your pc ???? I've got a recycle bin in mine :D :D

hello nanosani, ur right he/she might have clicked replace all, so the previously copied folder was replaced

Since both drives contained copies of the images, overwriting wouldn't have made a difference.

What happened was, he managed to move almost half of his photos to drive D, before the hard drive filled up. When he clicked stop to abort the file move, the process stopped, but the files that had been moved were not moved back to the original location. He then proceeded to delete the files from D. As a result, he managed to delete those files from both drives C and D.

evaxiaomi, I'm sorry to say you've deleted your files, with no way of recovering them (unless you moved them to the Recycle Bin), in which case you could replace them from there.

Greetings,

Active@ Undelete would have helped you in this situation. that is a really mighty data recovery tool that nbever failed. It's restore methods are powerful indeed, you will find it really useful for this purposes. Give it a try, won't regret it.

http://www.active-undelete.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.