Don't ask me how, but my wife lost her Task Manager.

:eek:

When she gives the 3-finger salute and selects the 'Task Manager' button, she is returned to her windows 2000 desktop with no TM to be found. In her Systray is the little green square that shows the task manager is up and running. On the taskbar, there is something running, but it has no name and nothing comes up when it is selected.

How does one restore the TM? Do I have to reinstall windows...?

Thanks in advance!

Aloha,

Dan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Don't ask me how, but my wife lost her Task Manager.

:eek:

When she gives the 3-finger salute and selects the 'Task Manager' button, she is returned to her windows 2000 desktop with no TM to be found. In her Systray is the little green square that shows the task manager is up and running. On the taskbar, there is something running, but it has no name and nothing comes up when it is selected.

How does one restore the TM? Do I have to reinstall windows...?

Thanks in advance!

Aloha,

Dan

Try searching in X:/winnt/system32 folder for the taskmgr.exe file if its there then u can run by double clickin it

were x is ur hard disk drive were win is installed or type - taskmgr in the run command

Also, try opening up Run and typing sfc /scannow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.