Don't ask me how, but my wife lost her Task Manager.

:eek:

When she gives the 3-finger salute and selects the 'Task Manager' button, she is returned to her windows 2000 desktop with no TM to be found. In her Systray is the little green square that shows the task manager is up and running. On the taskbar, there is something running, but it has no name and nothing comes up when it is selected.

How does one restore the TM? Do I have to reinstall windows...?

Thanks in advance!

Aloha,

Dan

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mmiikkee12

Don't ask me how, but my wife lost her Task Manager.

:eek:

When she gives the 3-finger salute and selects the 'Task Manager' button, she is returned to her windows 2000 desktop with no TM to be found. In her Systray is the little green square that shows the task manager is up and running. On the taskbar, there is something running, but it has no name and nothing comes up when it is selected.

How does one restore the TM? Do I have to reinstall windows...?

Thanks in advance!

Aloha,

Dan

Try searching in X:/winnt/system32 folder for the taskmgr.exe file if its there then u can run by double clickin it

were x is ur hard disk drive were win is installed or type - taskmgr in the run command

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.