I have a problem with Excel 2003. Every time I open the program I get a MS Visual Basic Error that says:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew (when i open it)
Compile error in hidden module: DistMon (when i close it)

I installed MS Office 2003 Professional on my Windows 7 Professional NetBook. I have looked all over for xlstart, start, pdfmaker and have not been able to find it or anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Office suite and various PDF reader programs to no avail. What I did find was that inside Excel under the Macro, Visual Basic Editor there is a visual basic code with a + called "AcrobatPDFMaker (PDFMaker.xl_). If I try to open this set of code, it asks for a password which I don't have. I have tried to delete it, but I don't know how. Does anyone know how to delete this bit of code? This is the only thing that I can think of to solve the annoyance at the start and termination of the program. Other than that Excel seams to work OK.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ihave only done a small amount of coding but often had trouble with deletions.
Usually I find that any files (.dll,.xml etc) can be deleted using the following routine!
First disable the recovery routine (for going back in time) then restart the machine.
then go into DOS (yes I know it is long ago stuff!) but you can then use the 'del' command and it will get rid of most stuff. The only exception is that is the machine uses the file that you are trying to delete at start up it will not delete it. The solution here is to remove that file from the start up routine. then follow as above.
M

M,
I am a little confused how to do this. The VB script is from within Excel, so I don't have a file to delete.
David

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.