adritha84 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, everybody!

I have recently made an installer for a rails application that runs as a Windows service (I used NSIS for making the installer script).

I am testing the installer on Windows Server 2008 (32bits) and Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

The problems appear when I set the installation directory to some certain folders ("C:\IT Solutions\Application" for example).
From what I have tested so far, this is a list of some examples:

"C:\ITSOLUTIONS\Application" - Working
"C:\IT Solutions\Application" - NOT working
"C:\Cit Solutions\Application" - Working
"C:\IT blablas\Application" - Working
"C:\ct Solutions\Application" - NOT Working
"C:\My Solutions\Application" - NOT Working
"C:\MySolutions\Application" - Working

The problem that shows up in those "NOT Working" cases is that the service won't start, returning

"Windows could not start the MyService service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly".

When I checked the Event Viewer, this is what I've found:

Faulting application name: prunsrv.exe, version: 1.0.7.0, time stamp: 0x4e3782e1
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ba58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00066aa7
Faulting process id: 0xa8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6330fa38599e
Faulting application path: C:\ct Solutions\Application\install\jsvc\prunsrv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 38719036-cf24-11e0-9cee-000c29659c63

I use prunsrv.exe for running my application as a service (http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html).

I just don't understand why the application works perfectly with some installation paths, and fails perfectly :) with other installation paths.
During the last days I have been searching for a solution to my problem, but nothing seems to work.

If anyone has ideas, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.