I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. It is original windows. When I bought this Laptop it was said that the anti-virus ( Norton ) is built-in. What is built-in?
Please reply.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. It is original windows. When I bought this Laptop it was said that the anti-virus ( Norton ) is built-in. What is built-in?
Please reply.

built in ,means it came per-installed on the laptop by the laptop builder ,they make money from the antivirus vendor[this case Norton] ,its usually only a 60 day trial for you,need to be paid for to continue using it ,No windows operating system come with built in antivirus yet ,but it said that win8 is going to have "Microsoft security essentials" built in

built in ,means it came per-installed on the laptop by the laptop builder ,they make money from the antivirus vendor[this case Norton] ,its usually only a 60 day trial for you,need to be paid for to continue using it ,No windows operating system come with built in antivirus yet ,but it said that win8 is going to have "Microsoft security essentials" built in

But I use Microsoft Windows 7. If I use another antivirus-Is it do any thing wrong?

No. You can use any anti virus you want. Do not have more than one installed at any one time though or it can cause problems.

No. You can use any anti virus you want. Do not have more than one installed at any one time though or it can cause problems.

Ok I will not install more than one. But the Microsoft office 10 was also built-in. When the time is expired I have uninstalled it and installed a cracked version. Yes , I can do all work with this cracked version, but when I download any file like power point from internet, it does not show the actual icon as the power point icon. But I can open it.
There is no problem actually, but the icon is a matter.

Cannot help you with pirated software. Thread now closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.