I am struggling to uninstall some programs on my computer. I recently did a system restore on my computer, due to a fault on my system.

I uninstalled some programs from my computer before my computer went funny. I then went ahead with the restore which made my p.c fine again.

The programs that I originally deleted are now back on my computer, this is where the program comes in. I can't seem to uninstall them again, each time I get different messages saying the system can't find the install/uninstall files.

Is there anyway around this, the only thing I can think of is to restore my computer to the original state, but it'll be faulty again.

Does anyone have any info on this matter?

Many thanks.

I know that if you do a system restore the registry settings are restored to the way they used to be however the files that were liked to those settings are gone.

Usually if a folder was erased from Program Files whithout running the uninstall program you will get an error saying that the program may have been already uninstalled and XP will ask you if you want to cleanup the entry from the Add/Remove programs list.

Just click on the entries for each of the programs that you uninstalled and when the error comes up choose Yes.

If you have more troubles than that you can always use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.