hey guys my new laptop support both 32 or 64 bit operating system, i am a little confuse which is better for a visual programming. have any idea

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

a quick answer is 64 bit is better tan 32bit ,the amount of ram it can use is the main reason in my opinion ,but there are plenty more reason just google "why 64bit is better " and find out more

Well yeah. 32 bit wondows can not use more than 4 gb of memory. But 4 gb is RAM + video memory. You may not feel the difference, if you do basic things, but if you are going to play games and do a video job, you have to install 64 bit.

I didn't know there was a 62-bit flavor of Windows! Is it a 64-bit version with 2-bits shared with the integrated graphics card? :D

lol lets assume you meant 64 bit and as long as your processor supports it yeah 64 bit is generally better though there are a few (not really common) things a 32 bit version may do better

I can't think of any reason why you would prefer a 32-bit installation over a 64-bit if your computer can handle the last one? For programming, gaming, but also all other tasks, I think a 64-bit-machine will perform better?

is it use more ram rather then 32bit or less any idea

is it use more ram rather then 32bit or less any idea

It does not use but CAN use, as caperjack said

It does not use but CAN use, as caperjack said

good answer ,i never read it that way .it was early ,lol

there are lots of confusion in that table it does not show how mych ram is used bye the 64 bit windows 7 professionl PC mine currenty usinf 40 % of 4 GB ram

there are lots of confusion in that table it does not show how mych ram is used bye the 64 bit windows 7 professionl PC mine currenty usinf 40 % of 4 GB ram

from what i seen in the link it only shows how much ram they can use ,not how much it will use ,that would be different on all computers ,for various reasons

64bit it much better i think, in windows 7 most apps are backwards compatible 32 and 64. that was the big issue for me before 64bit os and then a bunch of programs would run on it. now you can run most of em on 64

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.