hello there,
i have just upgraded from xp to windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.
i am facing a problem, my creative 5.1 speakers are not working. only two ports are working and rest 3 ports as well as subboofer are not working. i have installed all new drivers just downloaded from net.
i have asus p5kpl-am in chipset. i have installed drivers recently downloaded from asus website. all drivers are up to date. i have tried at least 10 different downloaded drivers but problem persist.
i have tried several solution already available on net, like 'enable speakers fill option in enhancement and many others'.
windows 7 is listing the '5.1 surround sound' just fine, but when i run 'test' on speakers only two of them respond. my speakers are perfectly fine, they work in another pc running xp.
please help, without subboofer , sount is so so bad. waiting impatiently for replies.

Recommended Answers

,you say you downloaded drivers from Asus site ,did you download the win7 Creative 5.1 drivers from Creative ,what is the model # of you creative 5.1's site .
http://support.creative.com/kb/showarticle.aspx?sid=61105

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

for me also same situation.. upgraded from xp to windows 7 ultimate.. i have 5.1 creative (sound blaster 5.1 vx) when i installed sound blaser software.. i got the error and i can't install completely.. so decided to download the driver from site... installed many driver but still i can't run my speaker.. so pls help me..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.